Monday, October 21, 2013

Blogging: It's communication, Martha

   I have debated all weekend on this topic.   After all, according to Martha Stewart, I am not an expert.  (I will get to that in a moment).   I have 5 blogs going on at the same time.  They are:

by Thomas Brogan
P. Lynne Designs.   (I have to watch the spelling, because there is another blog that is titled P Lynn Designs (No period and no “e”)).  The purpose of this blog is to showcase my scrapbook, greeting card, altered items, and some writing creations.  I also do crafting reviews.  
My Ambiance Life.   When I first started this blog, it was called “My Blessed Life” and the reason why the name was changed is I saw another blog with the same name a few months ago.  Now I do not know if there could be some lawsuit if two people have the same blog name or not, but I did not want to start a firestorm, so I changed the name. 
Anyway, the blog is about my views on the world, like what Martha Stewart had to say about bloggers being experts.  This is why I was debating on putting this blog post on this blog or My Ambiance Life.   This is why it is my view, and you can take it with a grain of salt or not.  I had over 600 views when I talked about Abby Lee Miller and the Dance Moms last year, but I also have inspirational spots, scripture points, and if you are a writer, I have writing prompt assignments for you.
Tricia’s Baskets-Longaberger.  I just changed the name on my Facebook page, and I am getting to add “Longaberger” to the Blog name.   When I am not creating or writing, I am an Independent Longaberger Home Consultant.  Not sure what Longaberger is?   The Longaberger Company (Or just Longaberger) sells baskets, pottery, and wrought Iron pieces for the home.   They can help with your entertaining, decorating, organization needs.  I have been a consultant since 2001, and actually started one month after the Twin Towers fell.  At first selling was to “feed” my love for the baskets, then it was a way to get out of doing an internship, because I got tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.   I wanted to see if selling something was allowed. (It wasn't).  The more I sold, the better I felt about earning that commission.   12 years later, I still love it, and two years ago, I created a blog about that love.
I am in the process of revamping the blog, but I still would love for you to subscribe to it, while I am working on it.
Traveling tothe Mouse’s House.  I love Disney.   I am also working on my family’s next vacation.   I wanted a blog that reflects that, but I also like to tell people this is how I do it.  I am not an authorized Disney rep, (yet), but I am sort of working on it.   There is so many ways to get a Disney vacation going, and how everyone does it, is their choice, but if they are stuck, there are experts who can help you too.
SimplyOrganized Crafts.   You are here, and by now, you will see that I do reviews, recipes, decorating, and tech for the non-techie.   These are my views, and things that I have tried and succeeded with or failed miserably at and do not mind admitting to it. (Like keeping my posts under 500 words).
I will admit that I am not perfect, there is only one who is perfect, and that is God.   I research if I do not know the total answer to a question on all of my blogs.  I am honest, and I hope that I am helpful when I offer advice to others.   If I do not know, I just do not know, but I will try to find the answer.   That is my definition of an expert, Martha.   I may go a couple days to a couple of weeks without posting.  It is because I lead a busy life.   I am trying to change it so that I can schedule posts to my blog.  Unless it is news you need to know now, that is the way it will have to do for now.   I am also trying to consolidate a couple of blogs, which is what I will do with the Disney one, once my vacation is over with in June 2014.  That may not happen if I get a huge following.  It all depends on the next few months, my life, and my readers.
I always sign off with “Be Blessed, My friend”, because I want you to have the best day possible for you.  I want you to be open to new possibilities with your life and be the best you that you can be.  (Now I am sounding like Oprah, lol).  It does not matter if you are crafting for several hours at a time, dealing with twins, in a bad relationship, dealing with an unruly boss, trying to plan a trip, or relaxing on a beach in China.  I like people in general, and if you can get up and say “hey, my life is not half bad”, you have it made.   God did not make no junk.  You are beautiful, so live it.

  Be Blessed, My friend.   This goes for you too, Martha Stewart.  I am a blogger, among many bloggers, we have opinions, and yes I approve this message.

2 comments:

  1. Four blogs!? I can barely keep up with one ~

    Popped by from SITS Girls About Me ...

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once told me that I had too much on one blog, so I split it.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.